Olympic Barbell Bright Hard Chrome 20kg
Performance Series Olympic Barbell – Hardened Chrome 20kg Barbell
This is a Premium 7ft Bright Hard-Chrome Treated Barbell.
The 20kg Needle Bearing is rated to approximately 650kg – which makes this Spring Steel barbell perfect for Cross training and Olympic Lifting.
This barbell will not let you down. High-quality needle bearing bar with capped ends designed for Commercial Gym use.
The shaft is 28mm thick with the plate area 415mm and centre shaft area is 1310mm.
- 28mm Bar Diameter
- 51mm Olympic Sleeves Diameter
- Performance Bar – 650Kg rating
- Tensile Strength 205000 psi
- Medium Whip
- 8 Needle Bearings
- Medium Knurling
- Olympic & Power Lifting Knurling Markings
- Spring Clamped Ends
||NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR
RUST (SEE BELOW ON HOW TO MAINTAIN BARBELL)
||EXCEED THE BARBELL MAXIMUM CAPACITY
DROP ON THE GROUND WITH NO WEIGHTS
DROP ON OR HIT THE END CAPS
DROP UNEVENLY ON THE GROUND OR SPOTTING ARMS
DROP THE BARBELL ON A BENCH OR A BOX
Basic cleaning of the bar to avoid rust:
- Cleaning the chalk out of the knurling removes the opportunity for moisture to build up in the gaps (chalk absorbs moisture and will draw moisture from the air, in turn causing rust to develop in the knurling)
- To rid the bar of chalk you need to use a hard-non-abrasive nylon bristle brush and ideally this should be done daily, however if you own 20-30 barbells, to clean these daily would be impossible, so in this instance cycle your maintenance weekly by cleaning half of your bars one week and the other half the next week to ensure the bars are regularly cleaned
- Another way to avoid rust developing is to spray the bar with WD-40:
- – To apply correctly spray the WD-40 on a rag and make sure to cover the entire shaft, sleeves and collars ofthe bar
- – Leave it for a few hours or overnight (whichever is more convenient) and then wipe o the excess with a drycloth
- – The environment and usage your barbell is exposed to will determine how regularly you need to apply WD-40
- – If the barbell is kept indoors and is only for home use, doing this once or twice a month would be more than enough
- – If the barbell is in a more exposed, open-aired environment or used multiple times a day it is recommendedto do so weekly or even twice a week.