Serious Weightlifting Training Requires Serious Training Equipment
High level olympic weightlifters train a heavy and consistent training program. This equals many overhead drops which equates to weight plates destruction over time. The premium plate is designed with durability in mind giving longer lifespan to your olympic bumper plates.
Premium Bumper Plate Benefits Include:
- Longer lifespan of plates due to large centre hub.
- Very tight fit on barbell for reaction performance.
- Greater weight to the barbell with thinner plates.
- Minimal tolerances to ensure weight is what it says.
- High quality rubber which gives added durability.
- Train with the same style training equipment as you would in competition days.
High quality olympic premium bumper plates known are also known as competition plates. Olympic weightlifting competition days will use plates that will feel like these plates. If you going to compete in weightlifting, you should be training in similar equipment. This pack includes a full set of plates that most intermediate to semi professional weightlifters would require in weight.
- 2 x 10kg Premium bumper plates (30mm thickness)
- 2 x 15kg Premium bumper plates (40mm thickness)
- 2 x 20kg Premium bumper plates (51mm thickness)
- 2 x 25kg Premium bumper plates (63mm thickness)
- 140kg Premium bumper plates in total. (178mm total thickness)
- 450mm Diameter -1mm.
- 50.40mm centre hole.
- Weight tolerance -1%
- Steel centre hub.
- Olympic Weightlifter
- Enthusiast athlete who requires the very best.
- Training Centres which require quality training equipment.
- F45 training centres & Crossfit boxes
- Functional Training Centres.
- Personal Training Studios.
- Fitness Centres.
Before we start on our warranty, It’s been noted that some customers are being offered a warranty called a “drop warranty or guarantee”. Let’s think about that, You buy a set of bumper weight plates and the plates come with a “20,000 drop warranty” or a “60,000 drop warranty” You then use your plates for a year or a number of years and you notice some plates are breaking down. You make a claim to the supplier who then asks you to return the plates for inspection at most likely your expense.
How do you prove that you did not drop more then the 20,000 or even some companies offering 60,000 drop warranties? It’s really impossible.
How does the place of purchase or manufacturer prove that you dropped it more or less than the warranty amount of drops? There is no way of assessing this and therefore, no warranty that you can go genuinely claim without going through legal avenues. Sounds a bit silly to us and that’s just something we can’t offer nor should you accept the ridiculousness of such a thing called “drop warranty”
Unfortunately, there really is no way to tell how many times a bumper plate is used without a counter attached that can assess the difference between a pull and a drop that will last the amount of drops of warranty, now that’s unlikely. When we estimate that a plate could last a certain amount of drops, we simply can’t adjust for all variables so we just don’t. We know that the design and manufacture of our premium offers a substantial increase in drops before breakdown but eventually all the bumper plates break down. For some, it will be 20,000 drops and others it will be 100,000 or more drops.
It comes down to many factors which include:
- The density of the floor you drop your plates on (concrete vs impact tiles and the thickness of the tiles).
- The height you drop your plates from.
- If you drop your weight evenly distributing between plates.
- How many plates are on the barbell on each side. (the more plates per side, the less impact on each plate per side)
So in the case of bumper plates, we know these plates will last far longer then all any of our other plates which also have a very long lifespan but if we offered a time based warranty such as 1 year – 2 years or 3 years, it would only place price pressure to cater for genuine training centres where the bumper plates are constantly used and receive certainly the same amount of drops but a time relative short lifespan. We simply offer a excellent price without a false warranty that only really gives you a false peace of mind.